Keto Power Frittata
This is an Original RRPW Recipe! For me, the "Power" is in the veggies, but if your man likes extra protein, you can add or sub bacon for Sausage, Chicken or Ham. Like a kick? Add crushed red pepper flakes.
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 Zucchini - sliced about 1/3 in, then halved both ways to form triangles
- 1 small Shallot or 1/3 Sweet Onion, diced
- 5-6 white Mushrooms, sliced
- 8-10 Slices of Bacon (cooked)
- 1/2 Bell pepper (red or green) chopped into small cubes
- 4-5 Broccoli florets chopped
- 3 artichoke hearts, diced
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- Your favorite shredded cheeses - I used White & Sharp Cheddar, about 1/2 cup
- 1/3 C of unsweetened Almond milk
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder (optional)
- Salt & Pepper (aka "season")
Prep all veggies in advanced. Chop 2-3 slices of bacon into bacon bits and set aside. Reserve the rest of the bacon as garnish (hide from your family members!). Feel free to sub any veggies above with your favorites or what you have on hand.
Preheat oven to 350.
Whisk eggs, milk, and baking powder. Set aside.
Melt butter in medium high large (12 in) Non-Stick Oven Safe Sautee Pan. Once melted, add zucchini, onion/shallot, bell pepper, and broccoli and cook for 3-5 minutes. Season.
Add mushrooms and artichoke hearts, cook for another 3 minutes. Season.
Push all ingredients away from the edges of the pan to a circle in the center base of the pan. Pour egg mixture into the center of the veggies and let it even out. Sprinkle shredded cheese around the top. Sprinkle bacon bits around the top. Season.
Cook until the edges are bubbling and egg it set around the edges of the pan.
Place pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Check if done using a toothpick similar to the way you test if a cake is done.
Remove from oven using an oven mitt! Keep a towel on the handle to prevent getting burned. Season. Cut as you would a pie or pizza. Serve with bacon as garnish. Looks great with cherry tomatoes too!
Tweet a pic and tag @RealRPWoman - odds are your man (and/or kids) will be up for seconds before you can press send :)